Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Loving these rumours, are ya?

I always find it funny when people say things like, "I don't care where Heatley goes, just trade him and get this over with. I'm tired of this!". To you, I ask if you're serious. This is awesome! In the worst season in Ottawa in over a decade, we've managed to become the biggest story in June! We have a full-blown rumour mill churning out garbage, we have a top ten draft choice, we have a new evil villain, and we have reasons for optimism in Clouston and Leclaire (remember him?). Frankly, this has already been one of the most exciting off-seasons and I'm loving it! I'd like the Heatley saga to drag on and on just to hear every last Sens player in a rumour. We're so close to a 3-way rumour with Malkin, Kopitar, and Heatley, I can almost smell Brennan feverishly typing on his laptop with his tongue sticking out on the side...

In the meantime, it sounds like we're still looking to clean up the blue line. The 6th Sens has a piece on Ottawa not yet giving Brenden Bell a qualifying offer which are due by next Monday. Apparently, there is also talk about dumping Picard and mum has been the word on Gator. It's official, Bryan Murray just doesn't leak info. Let's sit tight and wait to see what Bettman announces Friday.

Regardless of the talent on the board, I don't know how we can't take a strong forward like Kadri. Keep in mind that guys we draft now are players that will crack the lineup when Alfie is finishing up his career, hence the need for scoring and skill up front.

Thoughts?

No comments: